3-DAY DETOX DIET
It is very common for most of us to go through time periods when we tend to relax, and treat ourselves less strictly, both in terms of how hard we work or how healthy we eat. What we don’t need to do when these periods are over is to panic! Remember that it is essential for our body and mind to “cheat” on our strictly planned program from time to time. So, allow yourself to indulge in life’s small pleasures, but also make sure to take care of your organism afterwards, so as to get rid of all toxins that have accumulated in your liver. Doing so will only leave you stronger and healthier.
So, have a look at this 3-day diet below, which will detox your liver and leave you with a few kilos less. Keep in mind though that this loss of weight is only temporary; as soon as you get back to your normal diet, your weight will go up to its regular levels. Do not worry though, the goal of this particular diet is to cleanse your organism, so if losing weight is your next goal, remember to exercise regularly and that too will happen!
Let’s get started!
– 225gr cranberry juice (with no additional sweeteners)
– 2 lt water
– 1/2 tea spoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 tea spoon ground ginger
– 1/4 tea spoon ground nutmeg
– 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
– 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
– A little bit of honey or stevia (if desired)
– Some ground flax seed
Add the water and the cranberry juice into a pan and bring to boil. Put the cinnamon, the ginger and the nutmeg in an empty tea bag. Remove the pan from heat, put the teabag in and let it rest for 15 minutes while occasionally stirring gently.
As soon as the mixture reaches room temperature, add the orange and the lemon juice and taste to see if you need honey or stevia. Store in a glass jug or bowl.
– For breakfast, drink one glass of your juice, having added and stirred 2 tea spoons of the ground flax seed.
– 1 hour later, drink 225gr of water.
– Drink water and juice without any flax seed, alternately, for the next 12 hours.
– Before going to sleep, drink 1 more glass of the detox juice along with 2 tea spoons of the ground flax.
The spice contained in the juice break down the fat cells, while the lemon reduces your appetite, fact that makes this whole procedure much easier.
Days 2 and 3:
For the next 2 days, add the following light meals:
– Breakfast: omelet, fresh vegetables and an orange. Drink a glass of water with lemon juice as well (keep doing so with every meal throughout the day).
– Snack 1: 1 cup of plain yoghurt with some fresh berries and/or raw nuts and seeds.
– Lunch: Green leafy salad. Add some radishes and artichoke as the basis of the salad or on the side. Also, eat 170gr of protein (lean meat).
– Snack 2: One apple, seasoned with cinnamon and nutmeg. You may bake the apple and enjoy it as desert.
– Dinner: A normal-sized portion of vegetables, such as cauliflower and broccoli, along with 170gr of protein (lean meat).
A piece of advice! Before starting this diet, consult with your doctor in case you are pregnant or have a medical condition or if you are going through a stressful and tiresome period. We always remember not to push our body beyond its limits, it always knows best!
Best of luck!